I finished Borderlands last week! It’s one of the few xbox 360 games I completed lately. A game needs to be engaging for me to spend more than a few hours on it thanks to all the other games that I want to play and my backlog.
Things I loved about the game:
- Diablo loot-a-thon + first person shooter + RPG: This is the main reason why I bought the game. I wished that Fallout 3 was more FPS-ish and thi s is the game that answered the wish.
- Art style: it’s like a cartoonish, twisted, colorful Fallout
- Gearbox: I have fond memories of them from their Half-Life 1 days.
Things I liked about the game:
- Driving vehicles was easy schmeezy
- I didn’t get lost in the open world
- Lots and lots of different guns
- Online co-op was easy to set up and lots of fun with a buddy
Things I didn’t like about the game:
- Joining a player’s game will make you automatically inherit all their available quests whether you’re ready for them or not
- The story was pretty generic
- I couldn’t turn my controller’s vibration off
Things I hated about this game:
- The path to the end of the game: finally making my way to the vault.
- The ending
SPOILER ALERT! I’m going to complain about the ending below, so if you don’t want to be spoiled don’t read it.