Inspired by a delicious vegetable tart I had at Proof a few weeks ago, I made my own version. I’m not too good in the pastry department, other than baking bread, so I used frozen puff pastry from the store, which turned out great.
- frozen puff pastry
- 1 onion
- 1 head cauliflower
- a handful of ripe tomatoes
- a handful of kalamata olives
- olive oil, salt, and pepper
Steps for savory vegetable tart:
- Set frozen puff pastry out to thaw and preheat oven
- Slice the onions and brown them on the stove
- While the onions are browning, wash and chop the rest of the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Sautee the cauliflower with some garlic and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the puff pastry and pre-bake for about 5 minutes.
- While it’s pre-baking, pit and chop the olives.
- Take puff pastry out of the oven and spread the browned onions on top. Then the tomatoes and then the cauliflower. Sprinkle on the chopped olives.
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto the tart and pop it back into the oven to bake until golden.